Friday, November 27, 2009

Lost Soldiers

You never know when all time is going to end or when fate will have it out for you. You cant always wait for the moment when all this goodness crashes and burns to turn everything you love and care about to hell. Like every other person I've learned not to let it bring me down. Like every other day I know just what it takes to make my life just a little bit great. That's why I am the lone lost soldier of my days.

I deliberately told that insignificant fool to put the food in the oven by 12:00 p.m. it is now 4:30 p.m. I now have to run out like a complete fool to get food for him and I and it is such a waste of valuable time. I grabbed my car keys and took off. I put the car in reverse, pulled out of the driveway and then floored it as soon as i got it into drive. I was so pissed that it wasn't even funny. I passed every single red light there was and didn't even think slowing down was an option. Dontae was never the man you would want to call your lover, he would be seen as a friend and nothing more. Dontae always had to have everything his way or it was the shredded highway. I've been living with this idiotic bum for 6 years now and he never tries to make anything right and it just gets so aggravating.

When I got to the store, I slammed my car door shut and then stomped in. The lady at the register smiled and said "He did it again didn't he?"
I frowned and said "Of course Marissa! Why the hell else would I fucking be here?"
Marissa gave me this evil smile as if suggesting I was an idiot for using that language in front of her but I couldn't give a damn. I started walking through the aisles trying to find something that sounded good and that would take less than 15 minutes to eat. I came to the can food section and just grabbed two cans of Spahgetti O's. When I reached the register Marissa just frowned and ringed up the food. I handed her a 20 and then grabbed my bag. Marissa grabbed my arm and handed me the change. I frowned and then just continued to stomp off.
" Ya know Lyna, you would be so much happier if you left that son-of-a-bitch" Marissa said to me. I just smiled and continued to stomp off. I looked behind me tilted my head to the side "Then who the hell else would take care of your brother?"
" Just feed him to the vultures he will be so much happier when he isn't swallowing his life in beer and sewage."
"Yeah perhaps. I'm sorry for being such a bitch to you."
"Nah, it's ok, I know how frustrating he can get."
"Thanks Marissa, I have to go before he causes himself a hernia."
"Alright, see you later Lyna."
I get my keys from my pocket and then head to my car. I put the keys in the ignition and turn to start it. The engine roared to life and it sent cold chills up my body. I always loved my cars much more than my men. Cars always seemed to make me feel so much more alive, more than Dontae ever did.

When I got home Dontae started out already bitching and complaining because 30 minutes in a grocery store is all too long, which to my knowledge that is just bullshit. I just glared at him and went to the kitchen. Dontae got out of his seat and followed me. He was standing above my shoulder breathing in my air, rasping, as if he was thinking he was going to get something. I grabbed the can opener and then placed it on the can trying to ignore his ignorance and also the fact that now he was grabbing my ass. He licked my ear and then moved his hand upward onto my boob and then began to squeeze. I jerked back in astonishment and then pushed him away. he glared down at me and then pushed me against the counter and undid his pants button. He smiled at me and said in a soft whisper "Forget about food I would drather eat you."
I threw the can opener down on the floor and slapped him so hard in the face that his face now had a giant red handprint on it. "You will next time think wisely of what you say or do to me." Dontae's face became a symbol of new pain and betrayal. Somehow this amused me very much. He turns his face towards me. He pulls his hand back and clenches his fist and then met it with my face. I fell to the ground and held my face in pain. I was trying so hard not to cry. I got off the floor and he kicked me in the head. I rammed my head into the side of the table causing my head to bleed massively. I cringed in fear when he bent down with his face two inches from mine.
"Now precious will you back talk me again?" while he was saying this he was rubbing the back of my head with fierce pulling of my hair.
"Yes I will!" I now had tears rolling down my face from the pain.
"Well that's just to bad." he screamed that at me and then grabbed my head and beat it into the table until my blood was a pool around us both and I was lingering into the darkness.

When I woke up from the darkness all I saw was bright lights and all I could smell was old people. All I could think about was that it was brighter than hell. I knew i wasn't home, I was either in a looney bin or a hospital. As soon as I heard on the intercom some nurse looking for a Dr. Grant, I figured I was in the hospital. I tried to sit up. My head got really dizzy and I began to laugh non-stop. I think that was because of the morphine that they are feeding me. Which I liked a lot. Maybe too much if it was making me laugh this hysterically when I couldn't even keep my head in balance. My stomach began to quiver and I thought from laughing so much I was going to pass out. That was until Dontae came in with a fake worried face. I stopped laughing and then glared at him.
"Hi ass how was the miraculous beating you gave me?" I said it with such anger and pain that he flinched farther away from my bed.
"It was the best I ever had. How was it for you? Wait I know this one. It was the best you had, hell it made you black out." he said it with a teasing smile and o how I wanted to rip that damn look off his face.
"Yes it was the best, as a matter of fact it was so fucking painful that when I get the hell outta here your going to be dead. Hows that sound?" I gave him the same smile he was giving me. Before Dontae could reply the doctor came in and said I have a cracked skull. Dontae looked at the doctor and began to cry. He was gripping the doctors shirt screaming in agony.
"Is she going to be okay doctor? Please tell me she is going to be okay!!"
The doctor just looked at him then looked at me and smiled. I really didn't get the secret message until Marissa walked in with two cops followed behind. I giggled and Dontae looked at me and then saw the cops getting their handcuffs ready. Dontae winged his hand back and jarred it as hard as he could into the smaller cops face. The larger cop pulled out his gun and then Dontae fell to the ground without hesitation. He glared at me while the cops were putting the handcuffs onto his hands and legs for safe measures. After they got the cuffs on him they began to do a full body search to see if he had weapons or guns on him. When the were complete they lifted Dontae up off his knees and onto his feet. When he was perfectly balanced on his feet he just continuously stared at me. I wasn't paying any attention to what the cops were telling me all I knew was that, that look Dontae was giving me now was a warning. Telling me when he gets out of jail he is come and he is going to find me and he is going to kill me. I knew by that look I should as soon as possible get the hell out of Missouri and find somewhere else and change my name because this mad man is not going to ever give up until I am 9 feet under.

As soon as the cops dragged him out of my hospital room the doctor looked at me and frowned. I frowned and then pulled the IV out of my arm and then followed by those stupid annoying sticky things they put on you to see if your hearts still beating. The machine started beeping like crazy and a nurse walked in and then started freaking out until she saw the doctor over my bed staring at me. I was a bit nervous, he was kind of freaky when you get face close to him. Or that could have just been an after effect of a abuse.

No comments: